OUR PRIVACY VALUES
Privacy. We value your privacy. It’s your data, not ours. We all deserve to have our private data kept private.
Protection. You deserve to have your personal data and content protected. We’re dedicated to protecting the information you share with us and we invest significant resources to ensure your data is kept secure.
Trust. We value the trust that our users place in us by sharing their information with us. We appreciate the responsibility we have to maintain that trust, and we’re committed to it.
YOUR PRIVACY BILL OF RIGHTS
Every user of The Scotia Kennel:
- Deserves to have their personal data kept private and confidential without fear of misappropriation or bullying.
- Deserves to have their personal data kept secure.
- Deserves to be able to delete their personal info at any time.
- Deserves to know how their personal data is used.
- Deserves to be in control of their personal data and how it is used.
- Deserves to be free from unwanted targeting by third-parties.
- Deserves to have their intellectual property protected from infringement or misappropriation. *
- Deserves to have their identity and online reputation safeguarded.
- Deserves to know if there is a security breach and any of their personal data is compromised.
- Deserves to have peace of mind when it comes to their privacy.
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
1.1 Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use The Scotia Kennel Platform.
- Marketing information. We collect information related to your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
- Communications with The Scotia Kennel. When you communicate with The Scotia Kennel, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form or use other features of The Scotia Kennel site.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically.
- We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through The Scotia Kennel Platform, including but not limited to: Service Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with The Scotia Kennel, such as the pages or other content you view, your searches for Listings, sales and purchases you have made, and other actions on The Scotia Kennel.
- Location Information. When you use certain features of The Scotia Kennel, we may collect different types of information about your general location (e.g., IP address, zip code) or more specific location information (e.g., the precise location from your mobile GPS). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log information when you use The Scotia Kennel. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used The Scotia Kennel (including links to third-party applications), IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using The Scotia Kennel.
1.3 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use The Scotia Kennel or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through The Scotia Kennel.
- Third Party Services. If you link, connect, the third-party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Your References. If someone has written a reference or testimonial for you, it may be published on your public profile page.
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, The Scotia Kennel may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or animal abuse registrations. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off The Scotia Kennel through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from ad networks.
1.4 Information We Obtain from Social Media Platforms.
2. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect, use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop The Scotia Kennel to give you a great experience. We also use it to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. Collecting information helps us detect fraudulent activities and behavior, including identifying would-be scammers. We do not sell your data to third parties to market their products to you.
2.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop The Scotia Kennel Platform.
- Enable you to access and use The Scotia Kennel.
- Operate, protect, improve, and optimize The Scotia Kennel Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- Personalize or otherwise customize your experience.
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct investigations and risk assessments.
- Verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by users (such as to verify your users’ addresses or compare identification photos to other photos provided by users).
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
2.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Promotions and Marketing.
- Send you information that may be helpful, relevant, or of interest to you (including information about The Scotia Kennel or partner campaigns and services).
- Personalize, measure, and improve promotions.
- Administer referral programs, rewards, certificates of achievement, awards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other activities.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
3.1 With Your Consent.
We may share your information at your direction or as described at the time of sharing, such as when you authorize a third party application or website to access your Account (e.g., if you link your Account to a social media account, such as Facebook).
3.2 Sharing between Breeders, Buyers and other Members.
To help facilitate transactions, we may share your information with other Members as follows:
- When a Buyer submits an inquiry with respect to a Listing, certain information about the Buyer is shared with The Scotia Kennel, which may include the Buyer’s name, completed application, or other information submitted.
3.3 Other Public Information.
The Scotia Kennel Platform lets you publish information that is visible to the general public. For example:
- After completing a transaction, Breeders and Buyers may submit reviews of each other.
3.4 Service Providers.
3.5 Safety and Compliance with Law.
The Scotia Kennel may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process and to respond to claims asserted against The Scotia Kennel; (ii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability; (iii) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service or other agreements with Members; (iv) for fraud investigation and prevention, risk assessment, customer support, product development and debugging purposes; (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of The Scotia Kennel, its employees, its Members, or members of the public; or (vi) as determined by The Scotia Kennel.
We may display parts of The Scotia Kennel on sites operated by The Scotia Kennel’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from public profile pages may also be displayed.
3.7 Professional Advisors.
We may disclose your personal information to our professional advisors, including but not limited to lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
3.8 Business Transfers.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
3.9 Aggregated Data.
We may share aggregated information (information about users that is combined together so that it does not identify or reference individual users) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis or other business purposes.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
4.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on The Scotia Kennel for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We do not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we do not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
4.2 Linking Third Party Accounts.
The Scotia Kennel Platform may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
6. YOUR CHOICES
6.1 Access and Update.
You are in control over the content we are allowed to use on the ScotiaKennel.com website and you may delete the information in the Shop page and take your content with you whenever you need to.
Note that information that you have shared with others (like Reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on The Scotia Kennel.
6.3 Opt Out of Marketing Communications.
You can always opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
6.4 Cookies & Browser Web Storage.
6.5 Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6.6 Choosing Not to Share Your Personal Information.
Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide The Scotia Kennel to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with access to The Scotia Kennel.
7. OPERATING DOMESTICALLY
The Scotia Kennel Platform is available exclusively within the U.S. and, as such, are intended for use by persons residing in the U.S.
8.1 We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment so we can’t absolutely guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information.
We define “children” as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Scotia Kennel, Inc., Legal Department, Oregon.